· In coordination with the SMC, provide overall guidance, capacity building and supervision to BMC and CMC levels on implementation of the Underserved Strategy, particularly in:
o Identification of critical underserved communities in HRAs
o Identification of local community leaders (religious and occupational) representing the underserved communities
o Understanding of local sects, sensitivities involved and knowledge of do's and don'ts
o Knowledge about local events (Example: Congregations at Dargas/ Urs, Dastarbandi, Shabe Barat functions, etc.) and advocate with the organizers of these events.
o Organizing local influencers/ team supervisors interface meetings and to organize local ijtemas/melads focusing on Xr families.
o Incorporation of Influencer / Institution names in SIA Microplans.
· In coordination with NPSP - SSMO, prepare and oversee Underserved Strategy implementation in Non CMC HRAs and Block level. Advocate with health department to deploy properly trained vaccination teams at congregations sites during SIAs.
· Advocate at District and Block level for services in underserved areas.
· Sensitize the concerned offices of district about involving local leadership in the programme and ensure that they are properly invited by DM / SDM and CMO to participate in DTF, BTF and TTF. Also sensitize communication partners to properly involve leadership of local communities in SMWG.
and support implementation of PCAs with Muslim institutions
· Assist the SMCs having more than 10 BMCs for their supervision as per guidelines.
· Community level plan of UNICEF-supported activities for HRA’s, SNID, IPPI
· Monthly workplan of activities in support of social mobilization of the underserved communities
· Weekly activity report
· Monthly impact assessment report
· Document role of different players partnering the polio eradication effort.
§ Background in social science/ communication and management of human resources.
§ Minimum 3 year experience in communication strategy/materials development in health and related areas.
· Familiar with the faiths, beliefs and cultural practices of communities (especially minority community)
§ Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with many partners.
§ Ability to communicate and write in Hindi, English and Urdu.
§ Computer skills (word-processing/spreadsheets/database)
§ Experience working with UN Agencies/UNICEF preferred.