1. PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Coordinate communication and social mobilization activities at field level in UP regions, in polio eradication and routine immunization
2. PROGRAMME AREA AND SPECIFIC PROJECT INVOLVED:
YH201 – RCH - PE
3. What is the basic objective to which the consultancy is related?
4. FIELD OFFICE:
6. MAJOR TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
Management of SMNet in the Sub Region
1. Directly supervise the work of TC, DMCs and DUCs in the sub region through frequent field visits, review meetings, appraisals of reports and review of performance
proper discharge of responsibilities by the TC, DMCs
and DUCs in the sub region as per their respective TORs and instructions from
3. Ensure proper utilization & liquidation of advances received for programme related activities and monitor claims of SMNet consultants in the sub region as per SMNet financial guidelines
in recruitment of BMCs, DMCs and DUCs
for the sub region, as per the policy and guidelines from
5. Encourage and maintain harmonious & professional work culture and support the sub regional team in delivery of programme goals
deployment of BMCs & CMCs in resistant
vulnerable / underserved communities as per programme requirements in
consultation with partners and approval from
2. Support district task forces in mapping out communication gaps / issues and develop a district specific plan with focus on interpersonal communication, social mobilization, local IEC and advocacy.
3. Support DMCs / DUCs to mobilize support of religious leaders, traditional healers, private practitioners, panchayat / nagarpalika members and other informal leaders.
4. Monitor programme performance and use data analysis for planning and course correction
Ensure timely monthly reporting to
regular review meetings with sub regional team in consultation with
7. Attend regular sub-regional / divisional and district planning meetings for Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIA) and routine immunization
8. Assist and coordinate with NPSP in epidemiological investigation of Wild Polio Virus cases.
Coordination with Programme Partners & Other Stakeholders
1. Maintain regular coordination with programme partners i.e. NPSP, CORE and Rotary at sub regional / divisional and district level
2. Regular coordination and liaisoning with the Divisional Commissioner and Additional Director – Health of the division. Support district teams in developing liaisoning with nodal department i.e. Health department and district administration in each district in the sub region
3. Guide district teams for coordination with other line departments such as ICDS, PRI, education (basic & secondary), Municipal Department, NSS, NCC, District Supply Department, District Minority Welfare Department etc in each district in the sub region.
4. Guide district teams for liaisoning and advocacy with religious institutions, corporate groups, voluntary bodies to focus on behaviour change of under served communities for acceptance of OPV & RI.
5. Act as Security Wardens in the sub region to coordinate safety of all UN staff and consultants
7. OFFICIAL TRAVEL INVOLVED:
20 days in a month, spending approx 2 days/month in each district
8. QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1) Post-graduate with public health / social sciences/ communication / management background
2) Proven management, supervisory and analytical skills
3) 3 or more years of experience, preferably in development sector
4) Possess good understanding of various stakeholders, especially Health, ICDS, Panchayati Raj, Education Information, Department of Field Publicity, Media, etc.
5) Ability to work with communities from various social, religious and cultural backgrounds.
6) Good language proficiency in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Urdu a strong asset.
7) Computer literacy – MS Office (must) ; Data Analysis Software (definite advantage)